Monday, October 8, 2007

For Those Graphic Design People

Sometimes as a graphic designer you just get stuck with a good color scheme for "the next big thing" website you're doing. I get my block at times and I know plenty of artists who have the same problem. Anytime you can come up with some non-subjective tool that can help you get back in the groove, productivity is always helped. So, I give you the following tool:

http://colorblender.com/

Color Blender uses an algorithm to create a sample of 6 colors (the first is the one you give it) that will go together well in a swatch. This is the AutoMatch feature. You can also do a DirectMatch mode that will allow you to play with the colors once it AutoMatches for you. It's not a tool that will change the world, but it might make your future web designs easier.

2 comments:

Rick said...

My artwork is out of the stone age - just pencil and pen.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Wei said...

This is my favorite version of the color wheel.