Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Outsourcing HTML Programming

I'm a control freak at times. I like my HTML a certain way. It's got to be pretty (readable) as well as functional and if it's not, I don't feel as though I'm doing it right. This leads to me never really trust people when programming up web pages. However, I've got to say I'm pleasantly surprised for some very readable and usable code. I've finished up programming the car details page and the car search page. With the code I wrote in Python-Django, I just plugged the HTML into my templates, made sure some loops were formatted properly with the pre-generated code and within 30 minutes I had the pages up. The majority of the time was to determine where to put the CSS files, image files and how to link them up in Django's framework.

Now, granted, my XML feed formats are messed up and need a reworking of the model as to allow for some null fields I'm now finding, but that shouldn't be more than a days worth of work.

No comments: