Thursday, October 25, 2007

TechJournal Deck Party

http://www.techjournalsouth.com/deckparty/atlanta.php

Well, it was my first face to face tonight with our adoring public. Wei and I met at the TechJournal Deck Party at the ATDC (atdc.org) at Georgia Tech this evening to network with some like minded entrepreneurial individuals. There were a few note worthy people like Lance Weatherby who works at the ATDC and Alan Pinstein, another web entrepreneur. I even got to chat with some Peak 10 girls who have some nice solutions up in Norcross if Wei and I decide to go with the CoLo. There were deffinatly some VC people there, a lot of developers, some marketing people sprinkled in and some students who showed up as well (perhaps for the Bass and Stella Artois). All in all, it was a great learning experience and I look forward to speaking with some of my contacts again.

Wei, Mike Schinkel and I were discussing though, that it's hard at a meeting like this that has so many people who might not actually be anything we need. And when you spend a lot of time chit-chatting and find out 10 minutes later that, though they are an interesting person, they offer nothing to Wei and My venture. If nothing else, it's nice to hone the people skills and it's a good way to teach yourself to go up to complete stranger and talk to them.

No comments: