Sunday, November 11, 2007

Skribitastic!

It's been a long, hard, smelly but rewarding weekend. I seriously had planned on going home at about 3PM today to get some much needed sleep. However, working with a dynamic team of talented people that churned out stuff every few minutes; it was hard to pull away.

It was seriously like listening to the morning radio talk show on the way to work. Every time you think you are ready to pull away, they tease you with the next iteration, the next release or the next meal to make you stay just that much longer. In the end, I stayed for pretty much the whole event, but I really had to pull away at the 11th hour since I still have a day job tomorrow that I can't sleep through.

While the event was tiring... the hard work paid off! Before the weekend even ended, we'd already got some press for our efforts.

"Duuuude! Pull up TechCrunch right now... we were just featured." Seriously? No, you're lying. We made TechCrunch?!

While I'm not sure what will ultimately become of this venture other than producing a cool and useful widget, it was at least great to have worked in an incubator environment that simulated a successful startup. I am definitely going keep in touch with a number of my peers from this weekend. It was a blast!

1 comment:

teCh poVerA said...

You have also been crunchnoted...